Saturday, April 20, 2013

New York

The first six are from the high line, the converted elevated rail line on the west side of Manhattan.





parking structure

This is also a parking structure

more about parking



some non-urban landscape features


tall things




 



1 comment:

Barbara said...

Nice set with some interesting themes (parking, verticality, integration of natural and man-made). Any of these, or all, would be worth conciously pursuing if you're not already.

Birds and wisteria shot includes intertwined tendrils of vine and cable which, having yesterday assigned a final theme project on Integration of Land / Man to a Landscape / Environmental Photography class, I could point to as a poster picture.

Yesterday a photographer asked if details are landscapes and one answer was yes, in the context of a series.

Here's a photographer I've recently discovered and like very much who often includes diverse viewpoints from wide/vast to close detail. Take a look at Ozark and Tar Sands series for example, one in Landscape, one in environmental side of the house (sorry not all urban - I stray from time to time to my more natural bent.)

http://www.peteressick.com/