Sadly, I was not allowed to vote in this election because I am not a citizen. But I still got involved in the celebrations - in bars, on the street, in front of the White House. These are some of the pictures I took. The shots taken at night were particularly challenging because people were constantly moving and the light conditions were difficult.
Some people believe all politicians are the same.
Trying hard to get people to vote.
Sensory overload - who to vote for?
People anxiously waiting for the first round of results as the polls in the Northeast were closing.
91% of people living in DC voted for Obama. Republicans were very lonely that night.
I'd like to have some politics with a drop alcohol - shaken, not stirred.
This guy was unperturbed by the hustle and bustle around him.

















2 comments:
Patricia, What a night that must have been! Your images succeed in capturing the energy and elation of the city. I especially like the image of the crowd in front of the White House and the image taken from inside the card. They make me want to be there! -- Best, Roger Hammons
I hadn't fully appreciated the flag waving picture (image #10) until it was projected in class. What a raw powerful image it is! A wonderful moment perfectly captured. -- Best, Roger
Post a Comment