My last entry on this blog hardly qualified as an "urban landscape" - whatever that means. Here are some shots taken in Washington, for the most part, this last week.
There are some very elegant stairwells, doorways and small courtyards in DC. The first picture was taken on N Street, near the Tabard Inn; the second at 17th and M, at what is, I think, the Sumner School. I took lots of shots of each before I got something I liked; doesn't ever seem like I can just see the shot and get it right first time. Always the small things.

Here are pictures just taken on the fly whilst walking around DC.
The last picture didn't come out at all sharp. I found, though, that overexposing it in Lightroom and leaving the traffic light on red suddenly made it interesting.
I've been thinking about a series called "Cell-Phone Nation". Hardly original, and I'm sure lots of people have done it before. But street shots of people these days can't avoid the fact that half the world seems to walk around with a piece of machinery stuck to their ears. Anyway, here are some offerings from the last week,
Finally, for those who remember their Harry Potter, you will remember the Whomping Tree. It exists, and is to be found these days at Brookside Gardens. The fellow below is just taking his life into his hands - no telling when the tree will get angry and bend over and thump him for his impertinence.
Best All,
Farid











3 comments:
Those are wonderful, especially the last one. And I really like your cell phone idea. Let's see more. Mike
Re the cellphone series - you got a great range of shots. I love #8 -Jim B
I particularly like your red bus mobile phone photo and the last tree photo. Nice job!
Post a Comment