Wednesday, May 22, 2013

H Street NE

Photographing H Street was very enjoyable to me. I have been visiting this neighborhood for several years as a patron and barkeep, and am consistently amazed with the rapid development of this corridor. Not surprisingly, my images are reflective of that change.










bella
I noticed while shooting that the street scene was so different depending on where I was standing and what direction I was looking.  To show this juxtaposition, post production, I stitched a couple of images together that were taken from generally the same spot.  In the future I'd like to try more of this with the end goal of a composited image in mind.


Denizens of H street walk through construction toward luxury apartments in the distance.


I like how the joint of the picture is rather confusing with the trees semi-lining up. The contrast between the two sides of the street is interesting.  I caught the man on the right mid-stretch.



These buildings were across the street from one another. Here I like differences between new and old and the similarities with the lights, bricks and materials strung across each building's frame.



No comments: